EFI EPS Tech Communictor/Technical Writer in Atlanta, Georgia
EPS Tech Communictor/Technical Writer
Tracking #: 4228
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for an EPS Tech Communicator/Technical Writer to join our EPS Business Unit in our Norcross, GA office.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of written technical product information to improve the implementation, maintenance, and use of the products. Provide technical writing support for other groups within the organization.
- Technical writing —producing information products: system requirements, release notes, technical manuals and user guides, quick reference resources, contextual help, training resources, and other customer-facing and internal-use documents
- Instructional design —design and develop job aids (print and multimedia), screencast demos (think YouTube), training materials, eLearning modules
- Create effective procedural documentation in both print (MS Word) and online/inline help (RoboHelp) formats that conform to standardized templates and style sheets
- Manage documentation in Agile scrum software development framework (using Jira, SharePoint, Confluence)
- Image editing, screencasting, creating infographics, audio-video editing
- Design and develop multimedia educational assets (i.e., video tutorials, interactive courseware with assessments, etc.) with eLearning software and video/screencasting applications (storyboarding through LMS deployment)
- Superior English language skills (grammar, syntax, diction) and keen eye for editing and proofreading
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a group environment interacting with team members across the globe (product managers, software engineers, QA engineers, technical support and professional service personnel)
- Passion for making complex processes simple with a user-first mindset
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and committed to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan, structure, and write user guides and help systems with minimal guidance in a fast-paced Agile development environment
- Maintain intimate familiarity with products and their functionality. Provide internal product support.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe RoboHelp (or a similar help authoring tool)
- Image editing and screen capture tools (e.g., SnagIt, PaintShop Pro, PhotoShop)
- Video capture/screencasting tools (e.g., Camtasia)
- eLearning authoring application (e.g., Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, ActivePresenter)
- Content management, issue tracking, and project management tools (e.g., Confluence, SharePoint, Jira)
Education / Experience
- BS/BA degree with focus in Technical Communications, Instructional Design, English, Journalism, or Education or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in technical writing / instructional design
- Portfolio that demonstrates technical writing and instructional design capabilities
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”