EFI Technical Documentation Manager in Grassobbio, Italy
Technical Documentation Manager
Tracking #: 4142
Location: Italy - Grassobbio
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Technical Documentation Manager to join our Inkjet Reggiani Team in our Grassobbio, Italy office.
EFI is without contest a world-leading company in the field of printing. Revenue has almost hit $1 billion USD. We are growing 20% per year the last 3 years. Over one third of the world’s high-end wide format printers in production today are EFI products. EFI Inkjet Technology Printing machines sell for upwards of 100,000 EUR to 3 million EUR per machine. Our EFI Reggiani business unit makes Wide Format Printing Machines for the textile printing market.
This team is responsible for developing hardware documentation for industrial machinery, user guides, service guides, and help systems for our Reggiani product line and associated products through risk analysis relating to the latest safetly laws, regulations and directives.
- Proven experience as a technical writer developing hardware documentation.
- Knowledge of regulations and directives and safety laws
- Risk Analysis relating to these directives
Technical writing for Hardware covers the Directives:
- Machinery 2006/42/EC and 95/16/EC
- Safety requirements for frequently occurring hazards ISO 11111-1:2016
- The ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU
- The Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU
- pressure equipment and EEA relevance 2014/68/EU
- Plan, organize, develop, and maintain customer-facing documentation.
- Verify content accuracy through hands-on testing.
- Participate in product design and status meetings as a member of agile development teams.
- Take an active role in the definition and evolution of departmental practices and procedures.
- Participate in corporate initiatives.
Research, writing, and teamwork skills sought:
- Excellent research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to write conceptual, task-oriented, and reference content.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely using industry-accepted grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules. Familiarity with writing for localization is a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative group setting.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with cross-functional teams, including remote team members.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum teams a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and quickly shift focus among multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal communications skills in Italian.
Software technologies and techniques used:
- 3D System and PTC Creo Elements/Direct
- XML authoring tools and topic-based information development/DITA concepts
- Working with variables, conditional text, and single-sourcing techniques within an XML environment is highly desired.
- JIRA, Confluence, and FTP clients desired.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop desired
- LiveContent Architect/Trisoft is a plus.
- Familiarity with print and color technologies a definite plus
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.