EFI UV Chemist I in Manchester, New Hampshire
UV Chemist I
Tracking #: 4183
Location: Manchester, NH
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking to fill a Chemist I position to join our Inkjet Business Unit in our Manchester, NH office. In this hands-on position you will join the ink development team whose aim is to develop inks for new or existing industrial inkjet printers.
- In this role, you will be responsible for working directly with senior chemists supporting new Ink development and optimization of existing inks.
- Make inks including lab and pilot batch scales, and conduct all lab tests on inks such as viscosity, FID, curing performance, adhesion, color, particle analysis, compatibility and thermal stability etc., and provide detailed reports on testing results to supervisors.
- Design or develop testing plans or experiments to evaluate new raw materials.
- Work with Key suppliers to ensure material quality and develop quality specs to meet EFI ink requirements.
- Manage ink lab inventory: order chemicals and consumables, and storage control.
- Work closely with QC and Production teams to support the transition of lab-scale inks to production-scale inks.
- Keep complete and accurate records of measures, techniques, and procedures followed or performed.
- Maintain lab cleanness and 5S activities. Responsible for maintenance of laboratory equipment and calibration.
- Work as a primary person for lab hazardous materials handling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Organic and Polymer Chemistry preferred.
- Ink, printing or related industry experiences preferred.
- Ink mixing and testing experiences preferred.
- Prioritize works to meet deadlines and align with project goals while working under pressure.
- Think independently, analyze complex data, and solve problems where appropriate.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on new techniques/processes to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic development environment.
- Strong communication skill – clearly and accurately communicate with internal customers, external customers, and suppliers, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to write report to summarize and communicate testing results.
- Strong sense of team work, passionate for group success, and reliable to take on last-minute tasks.
- Multi-tasking ability and attention to detail critical.
- Time management skill critical.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”