EFI Junior Technical Support Engineer in Ratingen, Germany
Junior Technical Support Engineer
Tracking #: 3802
Location: Germany - Ratingen
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Junior Technical Support Engineer (m/f/x) to join our Fiery Wide Format Team in our Ratingen, Germany office.
The Fiery Wide Format team is looking to add a talented Technical Support Engineer (m/f/x) to join our Support Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering remote technical support for end-customers, re-sellers and distributors in the EMEA region. Primary responsibilities will be the testing and reproducing of customer issues and tracking them in our case-tracking system, together with providing answers to customer requests.
- Direct end-customer support in a helpdesk environment via phone, email and web Portal;
- Understand and log detailed reports documenting customer problems, cases and other related situations;
- Track and maintain cases in our database;
- Test, Analyze, and investigate customer issues and requests;
- Reproduce reported customer issues on internal test-machines and provide solutions in a timely manner;
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environments and products;
- Handling and testing of software up- and downloads.
- Experience with Windows and/or Mac operating systems
- Familiar with printing industry software and applications would be a plus
- Effective problem solving skills
- Cross-functional communication skills
- Can-do attitude
- Team skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German would be nice to have.
- Hands-on team player
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working in a service-oriented environment, providing reports based on the Service Level Agreement
- Experience in software development and/or execution of quality assurance tests (definite advantage)
Nice to have requirements:
As in this role you are going to provide support to our customers and distributors on how to work with their printing application would be nice for you have some knowledge in:
- RIP software
- Digital printing and color imaging applications
- Desktop publishing tools (Acrobat, Illustrator, etc.)
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print Business.