EFI R&D Intern in Silicon Valley, California
Tracking #: 3941
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Position Type: Internship
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI Color Engineering is looking for an intern to assist in the development and support of industry-leading color and imaging technologies. This is a hands-on role that requires working closely with cross-functional teams to improve existing processes to print, measure, and evaluate color quality. This position also involves testing the quality and performance of ICC profiles and the software used to generate them. The successful candidate will possess excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Candidates in theirJunior or Senior year of college, course of study
- Basic understanding of color management and color theory
- Good understanding of color reproduction technologies with an emphasis in digital printing
- Superior color vision and acuity
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Fiery Command WorkStation
- Understanding of ICC color profiles
- Experience using a Unix command line interface
- Prior use of color measurement devices is a plus
- Understanding of PostScript and PDF file structures
- Printing industry quality control experience is a plus
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”