EFI Senior Manager Corporate Strategy & Development in Silicon Valley, California
Senior Manager Corporate Strategy & Development
Tracking #: 3739
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
Are you looking to enhance your M & A career with a position in a world class company with products that dominate a challenging and dynamic environment? A company which has successfully closed more than 30 acquisitions in recent years. EFIis the world leader in digital imaging and industrial print solutions for industrial, commercial and enterprise customers. We seek the best of the best to join our team!
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development, the Senior Manager, CorporateStrategy &Development will be responsible for:
- Evaluating new and related markets for EFI, including assessing market size, growth, segmentation and overall attractiveness, customer interviewing, detailing strengths and weaknesses of market participants, and evaluating new technologies
- Developing a robust funnel for potential acquisitions, covering each of EFI’s main businesses (capital equipment, software, and services) driving the digitization of printing in commercial printing, packaging, textiles, ceramics, and other industrial applications, MIS and business automation
- Building detailed business models of proposed strategies and/or valuation scenarios, including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, investment needs, evaluating synergy opportunities including revenue enhancement opportunities, cost saving opportunities, product/service improvements, sales and market improvements
- Managing proposed transactions, including serving as an active participant in deal negotiation process, preparing term sheets, managing extensive due diligence, developing definitive agreements, disclosures, and other deal documents, providing support for integration into EFI of acquired companies as part of multi-disciplinary integration team
- Leading review of presentations on markets and acquisition opportunities for the CEO and Board of Directors
- Assisting with the development and review of Business Units’ strategies
- Bachelor’s degree minimum - an MBA is preferred
- Creative and independent in looking for opportunities
- A rigorous and structured strategic thinking mindset
- Strong financial background in company valuations and accounting practices
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven success interacting with executive level management to determine solutions, resolve issues, and present recommendations at a senior level
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle time sensitive deadlines
- Cross-functional and interdisciplinary leadership and knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 25% worldwide
- Be an EFI Ambassador!
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, informal, and open environment that is highly collaborative and communicative at all levels. He/she will have strong intellect, be analytical, and effectively communicate through reasoning and fact. He/she must be able to develop opinions yet be open minded, able to listen and willing to change course. Being comfortable in a culture that promotes debate and discussion and having the patience to push through that to get results are essential for success. The candidate will be adept at balancing strategy and execution, continually driving toward the intended results.
The ideal candidate would have business development experience within the high tech sector. He/she will have experience with both market/ target company evaluation and with deal execution. In our experience the best fit will come from candidates with a broad management/strategy consulting background or prior work within an active corporate development team, although candidates with investment banking backgrounds will also be considered if their experience includes significant research background. At least five years of experience is preferred, demonstrating:
- Extensive experience conducting and managing rigorous market, customer and competitor research to support and validate recommendations for entry into new markets and for potential acquisitions
- Extensive experience developing detailed financial forecasting models, estimating company valuations, conducting sophisticated sensitivity analysis
- Significant experience with all parts of the end-to-end M&A process, from opportunity identification, to business case development, to deal structuring and negotiation, due diligence, and post-merger integration
- Solid knowledge of project management discipline, utilizing project management tools and analysis
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”