EFI Laboratory Technician - Digital Inks in UK, United Kingdom
Laboratory Technician - Digital Inks
Tracking #: 4128
Location: UK, Bradford
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , We are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …
WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Laboratory Technician - Digital Inks to join our EPS Business Unit in our Bradford office.
To provide laboratory based technical support for the sublimation ink colorant and wood colorant businesses of EFI-Rialco based at the Bradford site. An integral part of EFI, EFI- Rialco is both a major supplier of pure colour raw materials to the fast-growing digital ink sector and is also a world leading supplier of innovative colorants to the wood treatment industry.
Responding to the Director of Color Technology but also working closely and communicating with other Senior Managers where required, the role will present an opportunity to work within a small and enthusiastic technical team across both the ink colorant and wood colorant businesses and will comprise quality control checking of raw materials and manufactured products as well as participation in customer generated technical enquiries and work on both new product development and new application process development.
The ideal candidate will have had extensive hands-on experience of working in a chemical based laboratory and will be familiar with the more commonly employed laboratory techniques. Familiarity with dyes and pigments would be advantageous though not absolutely necessary since appropriate training will be provided for the successful candidate. Training will also be provided in respect of the instrumentation and application techniques specific to the EFI-Rialco Bradford site.
Good oral and written communication skills are essential as well as basic IT competency and the ability to work harmoniously within a small team.
We are looking to appoint a candidate who can play a key role in supporting the continued growth of the business and who will further strengthen the team at Bradford.
Main Responsibilities & Activities
- Checking and recording the quality of incoming purchased raw materials.
- Checking and recording the quality of manufactured wood colorant blends and the production of Certificates of Analysis.
- Checking and recording the quality of sublimation ink colorants and the production of Certificates of Analysis.
- Evaluation of potential new sources of raw material.
- Technical Investigation of customer generated enquiries or complaints in both sublimation ink and wood colorant sectors.
- Preparation and application of potential new products for wood coloration.
- Investigation and development of potential new application techniques for EFI-Bradford products.
- Full participation in laboratory operations meetings and sharing of administrative duties to support the technical activities of EFI-Rialco.
Skills & Knowledge
- A basic understanding of chemicals and chemistry as might be acquired through, for example, A-level Chemistry or its equivalent and through several years of working in a chemical laboratory.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of chemical analytical methods or of other work with chemicals.
- Familiarity with industrial colours, whether in textiles or in other applications would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision once appropriate training and guidance has been given.
- Good technical observation skills essential to guiding the course of development work or technical investigations.
- Attention to accuracy and to detail.
- Good general communication skills with fluent written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.