EFI Ink Technology Development Intern in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Ink Technology Development Intern
Tracking #: 4176
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Internship
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
Inkjet printing is an exciting, fast developing field for decoration, fabrication, and much more. Digital deposition of materials is displacing many analogue production processes, and EFI is at the forefront of the digital revolution.
EFI is looking for an Ink Technology Development Intern to join our Inkjet Business Unit in our Ypsilanti, MI office, focusing on qualifying/implementing new and alternative materials within EFI products. This is a 6 month internship.
- Background in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field such as material science
- Familiarity with wet lab practices including mixing equipment, lab glassware, sample labeling, and safety precautions
- Sound knowledge of analytical chemistry as well as and hands-on experience with analytical methods/instrumentation for chemical evaluation desirable.
- Able to document and summarize results effectively.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.5 is desired
Essential responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Hands-on, independent laboratory bench formulation and physical property testing of inkjet inks, following recipes and processes provided by the supervisor.
- Ink characterization using laboratory instruments (viscometers, rheometers, particle size measurement, filtration equipment, color measurement, etc)
- Accelerated testing of ink formulations
- Documentation, analysis, and presentation of all test results in an electronic database.
- Daily interaction discussion with internal and external teams to progress ink group goals.
The intern will be expected to submit a summarizing report and presentation on the work done during the internship describing objectives, methods, results and conclusions.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”