EFI Jr. Analytical Chemist in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Jr. Analytical Chemist
Tracking #: 4181
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-Starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is seeking an entry level chemist to join our analytical groupin our Ypsilanti, MI office.
As the world leader in digital imaging and print management solutions for commercial and enterprise printing, this is a great opportunity to work within a technology that is changing the way the world prints.
In this hands-on position you will join our analytical team, whose focus is the analysis of various components/materials within industrial inkjet inks and printers. This position will help drive the successful development and optimization of EFI inkjet products.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on raw materials and finished products
- Perform analysis on R&D formulations
- Preparation and safe handling of laboratory samples
- Routine cleaning of laboratory equipment and glassware
- Assist with method validation
- Meticulous documentation of procedures and results
- Draw correlations between analytical data and real-world results
- Maintain, organize, and keep a clean lab
- Occasional wet-chemistry formulation work to assist chemical R&D and QCS groups Candidates must demonstrate self-motivation and commitment to continuous learning in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or Master’s level degree
- Experience: 0 – 2 years
- Excellent math and communication skills and the ability to closely follow written directions are a necessity
- In-depth knowledge of any of the below analytical techniques is favorable: GC-MS, Particle Size Measurement, HPLC, SEM, FTIR, FTIR microscopy, XRF, UV-Vis. Preference will be given to those candidates that have prior experience with GC-MS
- Previous knowledge/experience working with nanoparticles, nanoparticle dispersions (aqueous or organic), or UV-curable systems is highly favorable
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI PRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”