EFI Sr. Manufacturing Operations Manager in Ypsilanti, Michigan
Sr. Manufacturing Operations Manager
Tracking #: 3959
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
WE are Self-starters , WE are Passionate , WE are Relationship builders , WE are Innovative , WE are Nimble , and WE are Transparent …WE are SPRINTers ! We believe in challenging you, then providing you the room and flexibility to deliver.
EFI is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Operations to join our Inkjet Solutions Business Unit in our Ypsilanti, MI office.
In this role, you will oversee management of all areas of Manufacturing Operations to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. Departments: Manufacturing, Inventory & Warehousing, Shipping.
Principal Job Duties:
- Participate with other senior managers in reviewing and understanding the establish strategic plans and goals
- Develop and execute short and long term strategies and translates strategic direction into shorter term priorities
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and quality standards
- Drive continuous improvement projects to improve, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan
- Directs, often in innovative ways, the resolution of highly complex or unusual business issues that may cross functional or department lines and have global impact
- Identifies and recommends improvement opportunities in cross-functional and business unit-level relationships
- As an effective change agent, socializes change collaboratively and facilitates cross-team agreement for improvements leading to increased quality, delivery, savings, growth, and/or innovation.
- Coaches and provides guidance to others to improve technical and management capabilities
- Develops and manages the department budget. Has authority to act within pre-determined constraints
- Develops, authorizes the implementation and ensures the execution of department policies and procedures that may have company-wide effect
- Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as, executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Industrial Manufacturing ot Mechanical or Business Administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
- Lean Manufacturing expertise and or Six Sigma belt holder
- Prefer knowledge and functional usage of SAP MRP system
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer
- Ability to influence key members of the management team
- Proven cross-functional collaboration skills leading to successful business results
- Ability to apply broad business expertise to solve complex operational issues
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is an “Affirmative Action/EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer”